L is for Leaving A to Z Challenge, or How I was Unable to Continue

Just a note to visitors from the A to Z blogging challenge, I have to drop out due to a family emergency. I have enjoyed this month’s challenge and will definitely  look at doing it next year. Please feel free to stay on my subscription list, I will be posting after this crisis has passed, and I will keep your writing and look forward to reading them at some later date. Blog on, people.

8 comments for “L is for Leaving A to Z Challenge, or How I was Unable to Continue

1. 05/05/2012 at 9:26 pm

When it’s time for you, Sarah, I hope you will return to the blogging world and write on. Meanwhile, it’s enough you are home. Best wishes for many good memories. Beth

• 06/05/2012 at 7:00 am

Thanks, Beth. I am much better having recently written a prose poem about the events leading to his death. I love my writing life and will not give it up for anything. It helps me work through emotions I’m feeling in the present or rehash events from the past. What was it Anias Nin said? ‘We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect.’ So true. So true. I’ll be back shortly and will also be a regular at your blog.

2. 24/04/2012 at 4:14 pm

Thanks, everyone, for your kind thoughts and comments. My dad died last Saturday. Not that his death was unexpected; he was, after all, 98, but it is the depth of grief I feel that is somewhat unexpected. I will write about in time. Right now his picture is on my facebook page and I find comfort in seeing him on my Timeline the way he was in his vigorous youth. Write well, people, live large and absorb life’s shocks. Those memories succor us when we go to write. https://www.facebook.com/sarah.corbett.morgan

3. 24/04/2012 at 10:36 am

Hope it all turns out all right for you and your family. x

4. jemacba
    23/04/2012 at 11:02 pm

Wow. I hope it isn’t too serious and that all turns out well for you and your loved ones.

5. 17/04/2012 at 7:10 am

Sorry for your troubles. Take care. I’m trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

6. 16/04/2012 at 1:00 pm

thinking of you and your loved ones. You’ve come this far, and it’s an achievement for sure.
    Nutschell
    Happy A-Zing!

7. 14/04/2012 at 8:56 am

Sarah, I’m thinking of you and your family.

Add Comment Register